Best Clinic categories are awarded regionally. The award is open to clinics that have been open for more than 12 months and will be judged on commitment to excellence in customer service, patient care and patient safety, as well as evidence of good feedback from patients. Aesthetics reserves the right to move your clinic entry to another regional category if deemed appropriate. You will be notified of this change. You are encouraged to keep your entry concise and clear; bullet points and the use of formatting options such as bold, underlines and italics are encouraged to ensure your entry is easy to digest for judges. A strict character limit of 1,700 (including spaces) is enforced for each question and you must not exceed this; however, your entry does not have to meet it. References are included in the character count, although you may supply a reference list as part of your supplementary materials if it exceeds the character count. There will be no voting process and the winner will be decided by the judging panel.
Illuminate Skin Clinic is owned by Medical Director, Dr Sophie Shotter. Over nearly 7 years she has trained in all procedures we offer. Although she focuses on injectables, thread lifting and bioidentical hormones, she believes it’s important for as many of the team as possible to be able to perform each procedure. This is important in a small team where staff absence impacts service provision. Dr Sophie holds an MBChB and a BSc(Hons) from the University of Leeds. She also has a PGCert in Aesthetic Medicine from Queen Mary University London. She undergoes ongoing CPD including national and international conferences and training courses. She is an Allergan Faculty Mentee and a Key Opinion Leader for several brands.
Sophie works closely with her Business Manager, Karen Chester, who is responsible for business operations and staff management. She is our CQC Registered Manager.
The remaining team consists of
• Over 30 years’ clinical experience, with over 14 in Aesthetic Medicine;
• Trained at Manchester University, GMC registered, fully accredited General Practitioner since 1989;
• Diplomas in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (DRCOG) and Family Planning (DFFP);
• Trained in Aesthetic Medicine from 2005;
• Full member of the British College of Aesthetic Medicine and the British College of General Practitioners;
• Member of the Aesthetic Complications Expert Group, with access to the latest protocols and experts;
• Specialist training in the use and administration of all treatments and products offered by the clinic;
• A member of the ZO Academy and a key opinion leader of ZO Skin Health by Dr Obagi.
• The General Medical Council
• The British Medical Association
• The Royal College of General Practitioners
• The British College of Aesthetic Medicine
• The British Menopause Society
• Registered with Save Face
The other members of the Health & Aesthetics team who administer treatments are highly trained aestheticians, several of whom have been with us for many years.
The team has over 100 years of trusted aesthetic experience and comprises:
• Medical Director (Dr Rekha)
• Part-time Doctor (Dr Sonia)
• Full-time practice manager (Hannah)
• Two full-time aestheticians (Bianca and Charlotte)
• Three part-time aestheticians (Chloe, Rena and Alix)
• Three part-time reception/administration staff (Sian, Melanie and Amanda)
• One full-time marketing manager (Emma)
The team has two therapists, a marketing director and a cosmetic doctor
The clinic is fronted by Dr Shirin Lakhani (MBBS, MRCA, MRCGP, DRCOG, ACCMA) a cosmetic doctor specialising in advanced aesthetic treatments.
She has an extensive background in medicine having trained in the NHS and various hospital sub-specialities, including anaesthetics where she became highly skilled in advanced injection techniques.
In March 2017 Dr Shirin founded Elite Aesthetics in Kent and her medical expertise and highly personal approach has subsequently garnered her an avid patient following and multiple partnerships with some of the industry’s leading brands.
With a particular passion and focus on women’s health, in particular intimate health, Dr Shirin Lakhani and as such Elite Aesthetics has become a well-known voice within both the industry and the national media; more recently seeing her discussing intimate treatments and raising awareness for women’s health on ITV’s This Morning.
Dr Shirin was the first female practitioner to be trained in the O-shot and P-shot and is now a national trainer for this innovative treatment and she is an ambassador for leading manufacturer, BTL Aesthetics for their award-winning Ultra Femme 360 treatment.
As well as this we currently have a Podiatrist and a team of 5 Aesthetic Therapists, who perform treatments such as peels, fat freezing and laser hair removal, as well as providing invaluable assistance to the doctors during their clinics.
Our administration staff consists of 3 front of house/administration staff and 1 full-time Marketing Lead. Overseeing all of this is a Business Manager.
Salisbury Cosmetic and Beauty Clinic is part of Medcentres Plus and therefore run on the same basis as our CQC regulated services as well as sharing clinical governance and management. We have both day to day and overall operational and clinical governance structures with a medical director which is a registered NHS GP and a lead surgical advisor who also oversees cosmetic and beauty clinic. He is an NHS plastic surgeon.
Day to day clinical direction is provided by Nurse leads.
The overall clinic and team structure is as follows:
• Clinic Director - Mike Arnold (overall clinic management, Registered Manager, Information Governance Lead and management member of Clinical Governance Team)
• Medical Director - Dr Andy Cunnane, GP (also Safeguarding Lead and chair of Clinical Governance Team)
• Lead Surgical Adviser/Clinical Director for Cosmetic services - Mr Mansoor Khan, Plastic Surgeon (also sits on the Clinical Governance Team)
• Day to day Clinical Lead - Lucinda Kelly, RGN (also Infection Control Lead and member of the Clinical Governance Team)
• Cosmetic and Surgical Day to day lead - Lisa Bradley, RGN and Nurse Prescriber (also a member of the Clinical Governance Team)
• Operations Manager - Danielle Le Boutillier
• Beauty therapist - Katie Johnston, Level 3 qualified.
• Admin Team - Emily Jones and Kim Dolman
Under the sandbanks Aesthetics umbrella
Medical director - Jessica Hutcheson
BSC, MSC, family nurse practitioner, independent prescriber
Reception Team - Claudia (Clinic manager) & Christina
Aestheticians - Daisy & Emma
Laser Therapists - Barb & Tracey
Under the Sandbanks Clinic Umbrella
Sheik - Aesthetic pharmacist
Simone Thomas - award winning hair loss and nutrition specialist
Kayleigh - councillor
Chloe - beauty therapist
Charis , jo & Michelle - nurse practioners
We have five members of staff. The core staff of our business is co-directors and sisters Sarah (Nurse prescriber) and Claire (Aesthetic Therapist/ micro pigmentation) our brand is 'Where beauty meets medicine' because that represents who we are.
We set out to duplicate ourselves so that we could meet the demand of our forever growing clientele, In 2016 Sarah carefully selected Helen a (Nurse practitioner) who has a keen passion in the industry. In 2015 Claire employed Kerri (Aesthetic therapist) and in 2019 our skin specialist Jasmine, all have proved to be a huge asset to our company. Both directors Sarah and Claire are very hands on working full time hours which makes it easy to measure the performance of our small team. Unlike many clinics where medical aesthetic practitioner only work part time or as and when required our Nurse prescriber is full time, dedicated and always on hand should any problems arise, In addition to this we lease a room to an independent beautician who we feel complement our treatments and increases footfall.
Our Medical director is Sarah Pople Griffiths who is a member of BACN (PIN number FP1594) a RGN and Independent Prescriber (NIP) and ODP (operation department practitioner) accredited by the NMC (Nursing and Midwifery Council - UK), RCN (Royal College of Nursing- UK), She has over 16 years’ experience in Aesthetic cosmetic medicine. Sarah holds 45 certifications which are mentioned in the clinic certification section.